September 07, 2005

My day in __ paragraphs!

Hey there!

Wow today was a long day, but it was a lot of fun as well. My first class started at 10:30 and after that I only had a 2 hour lab in the evening. It sounded like such an easy day, but somehow it turned pretty hectic. My philosophy prof is a cute little Irish man who seems simultaneously entertaining and tough. He told my slightly bewildered class that our grades would not reflect the effort put into the course, but rather how deep our comprehension of philosophy was... *gulp*... Well luckily I've preserved a few strands of confidence...

After philosophy came the horror of the Calvin bookstore! Walking down the sidewalk the other day I was horrified to almost walk into what can only be described as a chaotic RIVER of ants. There was no obvious explanation for their behavior, no visible food source or danger, they just swarmed together forming a frenzied black heap. It was gross, barbaric, mindless, and almost identical to what I found upon entering the bookstore this morning... Enough said.

The rest of my day was a little more humane, but still busy. I ate lunch with my friends, lost a fight with my printer, read the wrong philosophy assignment. You know, the usual. In the evening I went to a meeting, and then myself and the 4 other kids in my leadership team walked around and attempted (somewhat successfully) to explain what it is we actually do at Calvin. Good fun good fun...

Tonight was a good night.. Yes.. Tonight was freshman initiation night. I absolutely love our freshmen, they're great great girls. Our standing tradition involves blindfolding the freshmen girls and leading them around campus to some undisclosed location. The hope is that they won't know where they are or what is going on. Once they arrive, the blindfolds are taken off and our brother floor is standing in front of them singing love songs. After that we all hang out, eat, and get to know people. We had a lot of fun guiding them around the school, and the night turned out to be a lot of fun. After hanging out for awhile most of my girlfriends and I went back to watch the OC (yes you have permission to laugh at my shallow choice of television shows, I'm a little ashamed lol). I'm really excited 'cause I know everyone on my floor and most of our brother floor. It's really amazing how many really nice people I already know this year. I never would have guessed!
~ ~ ~
Well that's about it for me.. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else is doing... I was really happy to find out a good friend is home safe! In fact I might have danced around a little bit when I saw that missed call... *looks around* what? *cough*.... I'm so transparent it's almost sad...I do love good stories though... lol. mmmmmm... Well I think it's definitely time for sleep. Tomorrow is the first REAL day of classes and it would probably be beneficial to be conscious... Maybe...

Well goodnight my loves. May the Lord bless you and send His angels to watch over you...

oh! and Wittwer: I love you darlin! I can't even tell you how flattered and humbled I am that you and Steve chose my song... You just might be the most beautiful girl I know, inside and out. Of course I already knew that... Just making sure you know! =D
ok well I'm really going to sleep now.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

laura said...

You mean it's ok if we borrow your song? Oh yay! *dances around* We both just think it's so beautiful and it fits us well. But I didn't want to use it if it would make you uncomfortable. *hugs* I love you darling! Thank you thank you thank you! I can't wait to see you again. God bless & take care.