September 06, 2005

First day of school! First day of school!

Happy Memorial day an hour late!

Today marks the end of an extremely interesting and somewhat crazy summer. =D
To celebrate this momentous occasion, a large group of us went to a friend's house and went swimming. It was glorious.... Except for the fact that I was destroyed by the sun. Yes, yes I should know by now that my skin and UV light will never be compatable. I suppose I'm still hanging on to hope that pigment will magically form and allow me to tan.. Well I guess this is just another one of those "reality checks". As a group, we decided that I am my own (very small and pale) race. On my own, i've decided that I am a walking recessive gene and my hypothetical children will be external clones of their hypothetical father. *giggling* Silly genetics....

I have PHILOSOPHY! (note all caps and extra exclamation point!) in the morning. Maybe I'm curious, maybe I just enjoy an intellectual challenge, or maybe I have some sort of twisted desire to be hurled into a mental lion's den. Whatever the reason, i'm totally excited for this class! Honestly, I hope i'm not too banged up by it. Don't think I could take the let down. lol

I love life. =D. For the When I wake up in the morning I feel confident that the day before me will be fulfilling. There is purpose and direction here that feels new somehow. I guess the only thing I can say is that God is good, and i'm really thankful that He's helped tear down the walls I spent so much time building against Him. Mmmm.. freedom... Maybe I can fly.

Talked to some girl friends today and had some deep conversation. Maybe what I missed most was having girls around to talk to whenever necessary... Don't get me wrong, I love you guys deeply and sincerely =). Still, it's always good to have a balance or (generally) a few more friends of the same sex around. Reunification joy aside, however, there are a few people I miss very much... No worries though, I know i'll see you guys soon.

Well I need some sleep. goodnight all!

~Laura~

No comments: