February 09, 2005

God is Amazing...

I took a mental health day today.
Skipped 2 classes and slept and prayed until lunch time.

I feel so much better... in fact, i've found new direction in life. I am not looking for a relationship anymore. This is the time of my life where I will make a lot of friends, develop relationships, and grow spiritually and mentally into an adult.... and eventually i'll be ready for love again. Yes, i'm not giving up don't worry.

I signed up for counciling today. I also decided to change my major. Yup, change my major. I am no longer studying music as anything but an interest. In fact, i'm dropping music theory as soon as possible. I woke up this morning a more mature person, and I feel more in tune with myself and with God. I realized that, while music is my passion, my real joy in life is people... and of course, God. I am now thinking of double majoring in Religion and Psychology. Most of you won't be surprised (my guess). This opens up so many doors for me. I can finally do what has always been my passion: helping people, and combine that with my fascination with God and theology.

My problem has just been me mis-placing my insight. Instead of studying and enhancing whatever talent God has given me, i've been putting it into relationships that I/other people are not ready for. Really hurts now, but at least I understand. I have my own emotional baggage to take care of before I can be in a serious relationship... and I can't be with anyone else with serious emotional problems. I have some hope now... I don't understand how God does it, but I begged for some answers and I got them overnight. Doesn't always happen that way... but I'm glad I got them at the beginning of the semester.

I hope now I can sit here and be patient, and my drive to find love can be put on hold for awhile. This is for sure though: I'm not gonna fall fast anymore. I've gotta learn to put up some kind of barrier around my heart so I don't fall so hard.

By the way, I love you Wittwer! You are my best friend and I appeciate all the love and support you give me... even when I don't always tell you what's going on. Sorry 'bout that. I love you always!

This coming to you from the freed heart of a greatful Christian,

Love you all!

2 comments:

laura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
laura said...

I love you too hunny. I'm really glad you found peace. Those majors seem to suit you well. Just don't overstress yourself. I'm still praying for you darling, and I'll let you know about the shirts when Steve makes them. ;) Much love!