I waited up all night for you
Knowing you would never come
Somehow you're not the one I loved
The one I knew wouldn't turn away
What of the love you spoke of before?
What about the commitment to the one?
Was it really so much to ask,
For you to wait for my assurance to come?
I don't understand
I don't
I just don't understand
I thought you were my only one
I used to believe our problems
Were fleeting and short lived
On those nights when you held me close
I hadn't a doubt in my mind
I believed because I believed in you
But suddenly you changed your mind
Because you do not understand
You were the only one
Who gave me hope
But now I stand outside
Your heart's door
It hurts to know
That love can't find a way
It hurts to know
I gave you everything
I had left
It terrifies me to be with someone else.
So now I sit
And tear myself apart
I am angry
And completely sorry
At the same time
I thought this was true?
You said it was
And I trusted you
For so long
My support is gone
And my love with it
Now it seems
I can't forget you
How could I be so stupid
As to give away my heart?
I can sit here and cry
Like I have all night
Wishing only for that hope again
But I don't know
If I can ever get it back
You had me
Have me
And all I can do
Is sit here and realize
That my heart will always sit
In the corner you leave it in
Dreaming of better days
Because now I realize
That it's too late
To save myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment