May 13, 2006

Delicioso... ;-)

"Sargina... dance the rumba!"

Now, some film expert tell me what movie that quote is from (besides Will. I know you know) and you will earn an A+ in my "the best films need to be appreciated class". I will give you one big hint: its an older italian film.

So my first final is finnished, and it was relatively painless. Not to mention the fact that I got an A+ on my statistics research!! That will help my GPA a lot... Now to burn my notes on statistics so I will never be tempted to return to mathematics again.

Julie and I went to Johnny's today to study (johnny's is a coffee shop on campus) and she told me stories of how she worked back stage for bands like 5 iron frenzy, jars of clay, and relient k one summer. She and I are both relatively calm, intellectual girls, however, when it comes to bands/authors/other generally awesome famous people we turn into the sort of teeny-bopper stalkers that you see at boyband concerts. We are those girls who steal the band's sweaty towels after the show, put them in air-tight bags, and sell them on ebay for thousands of dollars.... So yah, we had some good stories.

my last freak-out incident occurred when the author Don Miller spoke at our school. It took me about an hour standing in line to calm down and think of what I was going to say when I finally met him (he signed 2 of my books). I did eventually stop bouncing (I didn't want to look like an idiot in front of one of my favority authors!) and wringing my hands. Finally, when I got to the front of the line, I was ready to say the profound words of thanks that were to leave my face permanently imprinted in Don's mind... but all I could do was grin like an idiot and stumble over my words. He kind of looked up at me and smiled. "who do you want me to make this out to?" he asked. "well... (duuuh i'm an idiot)...um.. me?". So much for leaving a striking image in his mind. Maybe i'll show up in one of his books as the cute but rather simple girl who couldn't put her words together when meeting Donald Miller... *sigh* oh well. I should have asked him to sign my stomach or something.... hehe kidding.

Well kids i'm going to go take advantage of the fact that the practice rooms at the Fine Arts Center are open. Its time to be creative! Good luck with finals those of you who are still in school!

Peace.

No comments: