'evenin all
I should be writing a paper right now, but I decided to procrastinate for a bit and write here instead. The reason I say atheists are fun is because my paper is on "suspician and faith". I'm basically analyzing the criticisms of religion (mostly Christianity) done by 3 of the most well-known atheists of our time. Its fun stuff. After a while though, you need a break... Especially before getting started on Nietzsche.. I'd like to stay sane... hehe.
My family came up to see my choir concert on friday night. That was nice since I won't be seeing them together very often from now on. The concert went really well, and the night as a whole was a lot of fun.
I went to the grocery store the other day and bought all organic foods... I tried to find things that were also free-trade, but as of now free-trade products aren't especially popular in mainstream grocery stores (and really, a lot of the natural stuff comes from America anyway). It cost a little more than usual, but I think the small difference is worth it. All of the food tastes better and is much more healthy (and environmentally friendly). The weirdist thing I bought is this Kosher cheese... It's called "naturally good kosher", and advertises as being "all natural, no preservatives, no animal rennet, and 100% Vegetarian". I started to wonder after buying it whether or not I was taking my resolution a little too far, but after trying it, I decided I wasn't. It was gooood. I mean, what great benefits to doing the right thing! Not only am I supporting a cause that I believe in, I get to eat better too!
Lately i've been trying to eat healthier foods as well as support free-trade and natural products. I've actually come to not crave pop or really fatty/sugary foods anymore... Thats a lot for me because I used to drink non-diet soda nearly every day of the week. I'm not worried about getting fat or anything silly like that, but I did notice at the beginning of the year that my energy levels were really low and I was getting sick more often. After taking a gym class here, I learned that my diet was really doing bad things for my body (probably why I was tired and sick all the time). I also learned that the phosphoric acid in soda (ALL soda, including diet) inhibited calcium absorption in my bones. Since i'm already a small girl who is currently doing no weight bearing exercise (which increases my chances of getting osteoperosis by about 50%), I realized just how risky I was being with my diet. My professor also told us that girls who are skinny and sit around a lot are often less healthy than girls who appear overweight for their height but exercise. This is because your heart is very weak and fatty when you don't exercise. She also told our class that people who only diet are more at risk for heart attacks and heart disease, and people who severely limit their diet but over exercise are more at risk for heart attacks and are likely to tear muscles and joints and have all sorts of problems... So, basically, she woke me up and made me decide to eat healthier more wholesome foods whenever i'm hungry. I probably should work on that exercise thing a little more now. I've become so lazy! hehe.
I also bought some "organic soda" at the store for kicks... It doesn't have phosphoric acid, caffine, or starchy corn syrup in it, just cane sugar and fiizzy water. It's not bad and it still lets me drink a little bit of soda! Never in my life did I imagine i'd be a health conscious person... and like it..?
Well I suppose its back to the atheists for now. This paper is due tomorrow and I still have places to go and people to see. I love you all and i'll see you back home on the 19th!
Much love,
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment