February 22, 2004

Here I am. It's 11:45, i'm trying to write poetry, and I can't get that stupid "WE LIKE THE MOON!" song out of my head... For those of you who are as of yet unfamiliar with this painfully annoying song go to "www.rathergood.com". I promise that if you are looking for a site that is a complete waste of time you won't be disappointed... but anyways...
Today I learned how to force feed a hampster, what the frequency of a low A flat is, what a goat orgasm sounds like, AND that I can make myself look like Godzilla (apparently I was the only one not aware of the fact that my face resembles a low budget japanese movie monster... love you too honey). So all in all I guess I have gained some knowledge that I will someday use for something... somewhere...WE LIKE THE MOOOON!... 'CAUSE IT IS CLOSE TO US!... *clears throat. oh! sorry... don't know where that came from. *looks around innocently
Well I must go now and get something written for english... and by that I mean that I will continue procrastinating for another 2 hours before I actually start anything. I leave you with this poem:

Rose

I watch the petals fall
Listlessly
Drifting easily through the air.
With them I feel myself fade,
Into the past.
Softly, gently,
I pull another delicate piece
From it's stem.
For a moment,
I hold it to my cheek
Feeling it's softness
Enjoying it's sweetness
It's simple glow.
Then the tears come
Soft and delicate as the petal
On my cheek.
Joy and sorrow,
Passion and longing
Form the river below me.
I watch the petals
Vanish beneath me.
With them I feel myself fade
Into the past.

~Laura H.

'Night all! God Bless!

No comments: