November 04, 2006

2 Songs...

How i've felt for so many years....
She says it so well.


Momentum
Vienna Teng

Why am I walking barefoot
Upon this road with no one around
I close my eyes to this decision
The night's like coffee to my tongue
Like waking up without a sound
I map the words out
Maybe you will say them

Won't you help me rise up
Touch my face and watch me try to breathe again
Would you let me do this
Burn down the final wall

Overcome me, baby
Overcome me, baby
Overcome me, baby
Overcome me, yeah

All I'm asking is to be alive
For once

Always I am mistaken
I look for love, I find a stone
Of all the seasons, winter befriends me
I come to you in friendship
And hold my breath against the snow
What are you thinking as I gaze into you

Forgive me the confusion
Forgive me as I realize my thoughts betrayed
You are the answer
Cry and smile the same

Overcome me, baby
Overcome me, baby
Overcome me, baby
Overcome, yeah

All I'm asking is to be
All I'm asking is to be
Alive

Overcome me (overcome me baby), baby
Overcome me (overcome me baby), baby
Overcome me (overcome me baby), baby
(overcome me)

Overcome me (overcome me baby), baby
(overcome me)
Overcome
Overcome
Overcome
Overcome

All I'm asking is to be
Alive


"The Tower"
Vienna Teng

the one who survives by making the lives
of others worthwhile
she's coming apart
right before my eyes
the one who depends on the services she renders
to those who come knocking
she's seeing too clearly what she can't be
what understanding defies

she says I need not to need
or else a love with intuition
someone who reaches out to my weakness and won't let go
I need not to need
I've always been the tower
but now I feel like I'm the flower trying to bloom in snow

she turns out the light anticipating night falling
tenderly around her
and watches the dusk
the words won't come
she carries the act so convincingly the fact is
sometimes she believes it
that she can be happy the way things are
be happy with the things she's done

reach out
but hold back
where is safety
reach out
and hold back
where is the one who can change me
where is the one
the one
the one

reach out
but hold back
where is safety
reach out
and hold back
where is the one who can save me
where is the one
the one
the one

No comments: