You're out there somewhere; a single star in the vast heavens.
Here I stand on the earth, so small and insignificant
my mind, limited by reason, searching for tangible answers
how far away? how brilliant? how real are you?
yet I have reached the boundaries of my understanding and have no answers.
I see you every night when the clouds have past and the moon is dim.
And still I do not trust my eyes.
Still, I do not trust your promises.
How can I accept what I cannot control?
You are beyond me- what I cannot trust.
what I cannot know.
what I cannot comprehend.
And so...
I stand on the earth, so small and insignificant
my mind, limited by reason, searching for tangible answers.
I have no answers.
Only brokenness that is un-done by an invisible, mysterious love.
Hey kids,
Sorry its been so long since i've actually posted something of substance. I'm one of the laziest people I know at times.. In fact, the only reason i'm writing this is because I was supposed to go to the art museum with friends to see a really cool exhibit, but I have a fever of 103 and i'm not sure i'd stay conscious... So! There is a positive side to this sickness, and that is that it gives me an excuse to blog!
How was everyone's Valentine's Day/Single's Awareness Day? I recieved a lot of gifts from people on this oh-so-commercial holiday. My mommie sent me an entire cake... Yes, a cake. Who knew that was possible? In any case, it was a nice surprise, and serves to show that mothers really may possess super powers.
From Will (and yes, he is home now!) I recieved an Omaha Steaks box and momentarily wondered if he had taken my comments about Calvin food service never serving red-meat to heart. Being the clever boy he is, the words "no, it isn't steak" were written across the top in bold letters. hehe. Will sent me a bunch of chocolate and a cd. On the cd, was a recording of him on trumpet playing "fever" which is the song that he asked me to dance to the first time we officially met. hehe. Oh what a wonderful day that was... At first I really thought the recording was a professional recording. Only after listening to it once through did I realize that he was the trumpet player.... I couldn't have asked for a more perfect gift. In 4 days we will have been dating for 6 months! hehe. This may have been the happiest 6 months of my life. =D. Alright alright, i'm done gushing. I don't want to make anyone hurl. hehe. Basically what i'm saying is "Valentines Day was good"...
In other news, i'm applying for an apprenticeship next semester. If I get the job i'll be a worship apprentice, meaning that i'll be on a team of 9 or 10 that plans campus chapel services and leads worship. At first I was reluctant to apply, but I feel like God may be calling me to this kind of work. One of the girls on my floor is one of the current apprentices and as I was filling out the application she walked in and asked me if i'd be interested in applying. hehe. Who knows, maybe its a sign. I'll just have to find out. I'll talk more about it if I am selected, but your prayers are much appreicated (for God to do with me what He wants, and to lead me in whatever direction that is).
I have to defeat this sickness by tomorrow night because I have tickets to the Sigur Ros concert!!! My heart will be shattered if I don't get to go to that concert 'cause they are an amazing group. If cherubim and seraphim sing at the throne of God then i'm sure they sound something like Sigur Ros. If you haven't heard of them, go buy their CD "Takk" and make sure you play it on the best stereo system available... with the lights off. If you don't have a good stereo, then you won't be able to appreciate the full sound. The group is from Iceland, and so none of their lyrics are in english.. which I think adds to the angelic quality of their music. They are the only group that I can sleep to.
Well, I love you all very much, and I promise to blog more often from now on... hopefully. hehe. In any case, take care!
God Bless,
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment