February 17, 2006

Game!

DIRECTIONS:
1. Go to your playlist.
2. Hit shuffle.
3. Choose the first fifteen songs - YOU CANNOT SKIP ONE. If it's embarrassing you just have to live with it.
4. With those fifteen songs you must post your favorite lyric from each of the songs.
5. See if anybody can guess what songs they are from. If they are guessed you can cross them out. Try to get rid of all of them.
Don't look them up! Honesty is the best policy!

1. Joy to the world, the Lord is come. Let earth recieve her king!

2. Jubilation, she loves me again. I fall on the floor and I'm laughing. Jubilation, she loves me again, I fall on the floor and I'm laughing.

3. I've tried so hard my dear to show that you're my every dream. Yet you're afraid each thing I do is just some evil scheme.

4. "You've got wits, you've got looks, you've got passion, but are you brave enough to leave with me tonight?"

5. Now I know you think I must be faking. I promised all these things right from the start, so don't you rush into decision making (rush, rush) 'cause I just wrote this song to tell you my heart; I wanna be with you.

6. Run a silent path to nowhere, everything is all. You could have a pleasant life if Summer had no Fall. Treat yourself so gently though the task is often hard. Man is not a God it seems, who holds the final card

7. ...And this week the trend was to borrow all the strength that you could lend to keep my head above the water and not descend back to where I said I'd never go again.

8. All my instincts, they return and the grand facade, so soon will burn without a noise, without my pride. I reach out from the inside. In your eyes. The light the heat. In your eyes. I am complete in your eyes.

9. Too late to come off shy now, you've already gone this far. So baby make your move, take charge, show me what you got for me.

10. I don't recall a single care, just greenery and humid air. Then labor day came and went, and we shed what was left of our summer skin.

11. My God my tourniquet, return to me salvation!

12. So now it's time to leave and make it alone. I know that I can't take no more, It ain't no lie :I wanna see you out that door. Baby, bye, bye, bye...

13. I know what you want. I wanna take you a midnight show tonight. If you can keep a secret: I got a blanket in the back seat on my mind, and a little place that sits beneath the sky...
and also:

14. (no one will know this one 'cause it's mine hehe.) The language was thick in the words of the vows that we never said. I gave my life to you though I knew that we both were dead.

15. I once knew a girl, in the years of my youth, with eyes like the summer; all beauty and truth. In the morning I fled, left a note and it read: "Someday you will be loved."


Any guesses?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Kat. I think I only know the first one: Joy to the World by Handel.

Most of the music I have on my playlist may be older than you...

BTW, nice prolific bunch of posts, there! Happy anniversary to you and Will!

laura said...

1.) Joy to the world
4.) Dashboard Confessional
8.) Your Eyes
10.) Summer Skin-Death Cab for Cutie
11.)Tourniquet-Evanescene
12.) Bye bye bye-Nsync
15.)Someday you will be loved-Death Cab for Cutie

Hehe wifey! I miss you too darling, we really need to talk & love & such. God bless *hugs* and please pray for me when you get the chance, things have been crazy/bad around here lately, I could use helpful words.