September 28, 2005

What if

What if
I told you
that sometimes
just for a moment
I could see the future;
that suddenly,
it wasn't a dream
or something I made up
inside my head
but something tangible and real.
Something...
that I could wake up to
in the morning
close my eyes to at night

What if
I told you
that the future
is now;
playing out in front of us
like some beautiful
yet complicated dance

What if
I told you
that what I saw
was the simplest
most breath-taking image
i've ever beheld

What then?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paint me seven shades of curious... What exactly do you see?

Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, very nice poetry! Can you do that at random? You know, just fire off a profound poem? Is that why you're called "Creative on Command"?

Laura said...

well.. I did just sit down and write that... thanks =)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see out of your eyes for a day.