=)
If there is one thing I've learned in the short time i've been in Michigan it's to appreciate the little things.
Today some of my best buddies and I went to the grocery store. We split up, each seeking out different food items. As I was walking down the "pop" isle (I don't remember what it was really called), 2 tiny girls were jumping up and down and giggling in front of me. There wasn't any obvious reason for their excitment, nothing exciting was happening in the grocery store, yet their smiles lit up the whole space. I couldn't help but smile. It's not possible to re-create something so sweet and innocent.
Somewhere in the world a man realizes how beautiful his wife of 50 years really is, a little boy learns how to spell the word "jump", a new mother holds her baby in her arms for the first time, and a frightened young woman suddenly realizes what being in love really means. Underneath it all, we are all innocent. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time and a lot of looking to see.
Beauty always pops up in times and places you least expect it, like in the grocery store, or in the middle of a terrible day, or in the last week of a summer you couldn't wait to end. That's when God knocks on the back door of your consciousness and says "See? I told you I know what i'm doing."
huh..
For a minute there I almost thought I had it all figured out.
1 comment:
I don't think we ever quite get to figure it out. ;) Good try though darlin.' I miss you & could really use your advice now. And maybe a happy voice, bc things aren't going that well here. God bless & take care shortness.
Post a Comment