January 12, 2005

Love Sac!

To all those who just resumed college life: Welcome back to reality... To the rest of us who have been at if for a few weeks now: Happy Wednesday! =D

I've added some new pictures to Flicker, so go check them out! I can only upload so many each month so this will be it till February. Now I know that some of you are probably pretty excited to have pictures of yourselves on the internet... Some of you will probably use this opportunity to try to get dates... You might even gain some secret internet admirers, or a stalker or (gasp! could it be?) an INTERNET significant other!... I know it's hard, but please try to contain your excitement...

Just as a general announcement: WE NOW HAVE A LOVE SAC !!! I have to say that i've never been happier in my life. I love my love sac and it loves me. It's a wonderful relationship. Come by sometime and have a sit... Unless you are one of the unfortunate people who wants to steal Molest-a-fish or Barney the Oracle. I know who you are and where you sleep!

I'm trying every option I can possibly think of that will keep me from doing my DCM reading... So far it's working. I really like the class i'm in. It has a good topic and decent discussions. It's also nice to start class early and have the afternoon and evening free... Even so, 4 hours of reading is an awful lot! I'm procrastinating pretty badly right now. I should go soon and finnish it, but I told 2 people i'd post today so I'm keeping my promise. Not much else new here... The Love Sac is pretty darn exciting. I also have new speakers! It's a constant party up in 260 Veenstra. Rock.

By the way...
Joel: Have you changed your name to "Noah Wylde" to create the illusion that you are some kind of secret literary man of mystery? Does this somehow feed your creative muse or do you just want an internet alter-ego? hehe. You guys amuse me. I miss you!

I miss my tag board, but I can't find a new one, and don't know enough html to make one...

**New post coming to God-Only-Knows very soon!!**

~ ~ ~

My Moment of Zen for the day:
(I just wrote this today)

The Dance

You bowed to kiss my hand
Your fingers gently brushed mine
And we drifted away
Moving as one
In a dream we've had
Hundreds of times before
Your surprise reflected in my eyes
But your smile lit your face
With such a startling brilliance and warmth
That it took my breath away

Time stood still.
Something within me broke away
In that beautiful moment of perfection
Beyond the realm of feeling
It was then that
I felt the tears
Soft on your cheek
And marveled at how precious they were.

Some melody
Ancient and haunting
Was welling up inside of us
Pulling us closer
Spinning us faster
Carrying us on angel's wings
To a higher place
Still untouched and untainted
By our created mortality

Dancing on heaven's doorstep
With the gates thrown open wide

It was then that you brushed a tear
From my cheek
And left a kiss in its place
Saying "angels never cry"

Yet I'd give up dancing forever
At heaven's door
If I could stay here in this moment
A moment more

~ ~ ~


Love you all, God Bless

Laura

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Laura, that was a beautiful poem.
~Your Internet LoveHunk who wants to sit with you on your LoveSac in your "LoveShac, baby LoveShac."

5 more hours and it will be 6 months ;)

Laura said...

lol. awww...