December 13, 2004

Scene:
Laura, Christy, and Kyla sitting on the floor studying.
We have been sitting here cramming for exams since around 1pm this afternoon. Our butts are numb, our brains are numb, and we're beginning to fall asleep....

Laura: "I feel like a spider that was just drenched with Raid... The life is slowly draining out of me and i'm curling into a ball."

I think it's a perfectly accurate metaphor... metaphor: a comparison of one thing/situation to another. Used to help convey emotion or get a point across.... mmmm... One more day of english and i'm done...

The only phrases i'm getting out of anybody are "aaaaaagggggggghhhhhmmmm" followed by a long exhausted silence and then "I've been studying ALL DAY!" Kyla, Christy, and I finally cracked and went to dinner, but not before playing a few games of "airplane" in the hallway much to the amusement of our fellow floormates.

You know you must look like crap when the lunch lady tells you "you look exhausted!"

I can't wait till this is over and the load is lifted, but until then I suppose i'll just have to enjoy the ride.

Things to look foreward to:

FREE PIZZA TONIGHT!
Cookies!
Christmas!
my b-day!
end of 1st semester!
Omaha & Ohio friends! ;-)
family!
and so much more!

I love y'all! Good luck this week!

Laura


1 comment:

laura said...

Shortness!
Hehe hey look it worked. No worries you kick finals straight in the rear. I have faith in you, and I will see you soon & the Lauras' shall be united once more! I love ya hunny, take care God bless.
-Wittwer