December 13, 2004

Dead week... Alive?

Good morning y'all and happy Monday the 13th! (hint hint) =P

I should be pretty tired considering it's almost 3am, but for some reason (could have to do with the the mountain dew I drank earlier. weeeee ha!) i'm awake. Heck, I could probably write 3 songs tonight! Maybe I should consider not sleeping to be God's way of giving me more hours in a day. Yeah, thats it.

Today will be spent creating a new and fairly large section of long term memory devoted to english and theology. I seek to gain knowledge, wisdom, unique insights, skills, and MOST importantly, a good grade on my final exams. So far, dead week is very much alive and kicking my butt. Speaking of which, my butt that is, I need to get to the friggin gym before I turn into a scrawny, defenseless little couch potato. eew. I think this is the first time in my life where my legs are actually skinny enough not to stretch out my pant legs... Oh the irony. I want my muscle back!

I was a minority today! The group that I go to church with went to an almost entirely black baptist church this morning, and it was wicked awesome. It really changes your perspective when you're one of 7 or 8 white people in a large congregation of African Americans. Something all of us little west Omaha kids should do sometime, not to mention the rest of the Michigan gang. I'll tell ya this; that preacher sure gave the words "preach it" a whole new meaning for me! The churches we've visited in the group that i'm in (called the Jesus Bus) really helped me better understand a better part of the spectrum of the Christian faith. It wasn't what i'm used to, but it felt good to step out of my little boxed in faith/worship style. We've visited quite a few denominations, and I think that i'll continue to do that throughout my life. Who knows, maybe a friend and I will even take that trip to Rome one day and talk to the Pope about more communication between the denominations. Now there's a hurdle. I guess we'll just have to see what God does...

Well I suppose I should try to sleep at some point tonight, this no-sleeping thing will only be acceptable on my honeymoon.. I mean what? *looks around* 0=)

Good luck with finals everyone and if I don't see ya, have a very Merry Christmas and a happy/safe New Year!

May His peace and joy be with you now and throughout the year!

Much Love,
Laura

No comments: