"Love is more than just a game", she thought to herself as she drove. "It's more than having someone to have fun with...It's all encompassing. Everything you do will in some way involve it." She sighed and pushed a stray hair out of her face. "Some of them just don't get it." She didn't know what made her more angry, knowing that the world didn't understand love, took it for granted, abused it, mistook it for lust, gave up on it, and rejected it, or the fact that she herself was guilty of every one of those things...
She opened her bible to 1st Corinthians 13: 4-7. "Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek to better itself, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth: bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." It was in her nature to jump at certain parts. "ah ha!" her mind would tell her, "That's not something they do!" But something stopped her. "What did you just read?" It said. "You are just as wrong as they are." It was hard to accept the truth. In earlier years she wouldn't have been open enough to let it cross her mind. "Stubborn" she read from the devotional her mother was reading, "the pride that causes us to shun correction, and renders us unable to stop defending ourselves." Oh how true this was. Stubborn pride always led to disaster. This is because of how hard it is to let go of, and how painful it is to injure. She was very stubborn. Maybe not quite to the extent of others she knew, but still, it was there. The word stubborn has gained new meaning in our society. It is sometimes confused with confidence, assertiveness, and high self-esteem. These things are good, but too much of a good thing often turns bad and can turn into stubbornness and pride. Stubbornness and love are like oil and water; they do not mix.
How did this come up you may ask? Well it started when I heard the story one of my friends told me today about her relationship with her boyfriend, but I soon realized that I myself have a stubborn side, and I know many other people who do as well...
Kyla and I had a handstand competition today! I'm not sure who won because people kept trying to WALK down our hallway..ppsh! Oh well... Dorm fever is sure to set in next week so we should have fun while we can. hmmm... my stomach feels kinda funny... Maybe it was the shrimp at dinner... Well I know i'm not pregnant 'cause i'm a virgin... mmmmmm. I miss boys... hehe. ;-)
Got my Christmas shopping almost done today. I even got it gift wrapped for free! Now the problem will be getting the presents home still wrapped. *shakes fist at airport security*. Well, unfortunately I have a lot of studying to do tonight. *sigh* I have a listening quiz in music tomorrow and finals all next week, so ta ta for now! It's just me, the computer, Duke Ellington, and Louie Armstrong for the rest of the night. Yay jazz!
OH NO!!.... I forgot to tape the OC for Rachael... I'm dead. *looks scared*
I love y'all
Peace.
P.S. Check out the **GAMES** button! I just added that page. Have fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment