May 06, 2004

Here is the poem i've written today.. I was driving myself nutts reading it and analyzing it.... Damn AP English.. It's destroying my creativity... and my soul..... *shakes fist


The Silent Dove

The silent dove
Flies through the night
She’s somber
For she fears her plight
She gazes at the stars above
And whispers to the moon

He gives her strength
And silv'ry light
As wings beat swifty
Into the night

And as she speeds
On snow-white wings
The moon he listens
As she sings:

Alas my love
Is gone.

Oh hide me in
This darkest hour
Let not my weakness
Have the power

The stars in constant
Heaven shine
But not my faith
In love divine

You mock me
With your heavenly light
For I believed
With all my might

My love would never
Take to flight
And leave me
Bleak and cold

Yet here I fly
In darkness shroud
For I was bold
Blinded
And proud

Do not your light
Upon me shine
'Tis you who stole
What once was
Mine.

I shall believe no more.

The moon was dimmer
Now, and faint
As storm clouds
Rumbled in

And as his light
Did slowly fade
She saw a tear descend

The storm did rage
And roar with strength
The dove could not
Withstand

And as she fell
She still refused
The offer of
His hand.

The ancient moon
So old and wise
Was paralyzed
From grief

He loved her
More than anything
Her mind could
Ever conceive.

Yet it was she
Who chose the storm:
Destruction her new boss

Thus was cost
Of stubbornness:
The silent Dove
Was lost



No comments: