March 04, 2004

Dangerous Game

You hide yourself well.
I think you know it.
You are afraid.
Afraid of opinions
And people
And rejection.

Why hide?
Come out
Please
Please come out!
Don't hide from me!
I look into those brilliant eyes
And I see it.
A flicker
For just a second
And sometimes when we're talking
I look into your eyes
Searching
Seeking
Wanting to see that flame.
The real you

You see
I'm afraid that I've fallen for you.
I've fallen in love with a glimpse of a person
Who is trapped.
I will wait for him
Hoping
Wishing
For him to appear

Some things you say confuse me
You are hilarious and sweet
But rarely serious
And though it is true
That laughter makes people happy
It can't always cover the truth.
Reality will take it's toll.

So
Since I know little more of you
Than your defense
It isn't fair for me
To guess at your intentions
Be they sincere or folly.
But at times
I long to know…

When you asked me to dinner
Did you mean it?
Or am I making a simple joke
Into something that isn't
And will never be there?
When I laughed and turned away
Were you sad?
Did I hurt you?
Or was that also an act…

These are dangerous games
To be playing
When people don't know the rules.
I may never know
If I've hurt you
But I want you to know
I'm in pain too

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! Go see "The Passion" if you get bored (it's definately an experience...). Peace!

~Kat

No comments: