Man.
I'm SO hungry I could eat an entire COW...
Our choir is performing with the Grand Rapids symphony in a week and a half and we had a 3 hour rehearsal today with the maestro. And, of course, the rehearsal was scheduled from 11:00am - 1:00pm... I, being the intelligent girl I am, decided that 1/2 a poptart would be enough to hold me over 'till after rehearsal and my 1:00 advising appointment. Bad choice... At 2pm I darted into our on-campus fast food joint and demolished a cheeseburger. And God saw that it was good... lol... perhaps i've spent a little too much time in the Old Testament.
The maestro was really cool. He was a very sophisticated brittish man in his 40s or early 50s who wore black pants and a tight-fitting grey turtle-neck. He seemed very american but with very English roots. His accent wasn't very strong, so I image he's been here for a time. It was also obvious that he was a string player because he wanted the pitch to be a tad higher then usual. I love it when conductors are obviously conductors... hehe oh fun times.
I just got the Stephen Speaks cd the other day and I liked it so much!
Thought that i'd put the lyrics of this song up because it seemed appropriate... and beautiful
Coming Home
I'm coming home to see you,
yes I'm coming home tonight.
If the time gone has wronged you
then I'm gonna make it right.
I'm gonna hear how much you missed me
and I'm gonna say the same
How I miss the way you touch me
and the way you say my name.
But don't get used to this coming home thing
Cause next time I'm leaving
You're the one I'm gonna bring.
I'm taking you to Italy,
We're gonna sail to Rome.
If we find Hawaii
then we'll make that our home.
I'm taking you to London,
we'll backpack to France.
But leave this town again without you...
there ain't a chance.
I can see the city lights now,
the plane is almost in
I can't help but giggle at
all the trouble we'll get in
Oh baby, leaving you behind
had to be a sin
But never fear,
cause it ain't happening again.
I'm taking you to Italy,
we're gonna sail to Rome.
If we find Hawaii,
then we'll make that our home.
I'm taking you to London
and we'll backpack to France.
But leave this town again without you...
there ain't a chance
Check out Stephen Speaks music, they're cool.
2 comments:
I MISS YOU! God bless and I love you! My birhtday was just not the same w/ you. SOOOOO yeah give me a call sometime! Bye darlin.'
Kat! Geez, it's only taken me a week to get around to posting a comment here. I've been really busy lately...stop by and see why!
Did you ever eat that cow? I think it's cool that you're in a choir. I was never in choir until a guidance counselor in high school told me that the only way I would graduate was to add an early morning class to my schedule. Choir was the only class available, and so I went. And loved it! In college, I had a choice between the University Acappella, and a choir that sang religious music and popular choral music. I chose the religious one, and it made all the difference.
What kind of music does your choir sing? Where are your competitions?
Post a Comment