November 04, 2004

Ever been walking down the road on a perfectly beautiful day thinking "everything is great, the future seems hopeful, and you're perfectly happy"... and then you get struck by lightening?
I have... It's not pretty.


Truth Seeker

You are Lord
And I fall in awe.
Your glory surpasses all
That I ever could have imagined

My eyes have been opened
And now I see
How vast and complex
You truly can be
Yet even still,
There are times
I sing your name
Filled simply
With uncontainable joy.

Like Solomon I asked
For wisdom
And your answer was yes
How could I know
The burden I would carry
The love that would grow
The life that would change
So suddenly
At the wave of your hand

But this request comes at a price
That I am terrified to guess at.

You are a just God.
And one dream may be
Substituted for another.
Will you take away
The only other desire
Of my heart
So that I can love you more?

Long ago
I asked you for a love
So strong
That it would surpass everything
I have ever known.

To live a life alone
Is my greatest fear.

Oh Lord please, no!
I beg you!
My heart is breaking
Torn between
It's only desires.
Do you see these tears?
They do not wash away
The pain.
Just thinking about
How life would be.

You are truly
The desire of my heart.
My mind longs for knowledge
And wisdom
And every precious thing
That you are.

I will be
A light unto your world
A caretaker of your people and your creation
A warrior of righteousness
Fighting anything in your path
And a truth seeker;
Always seeking your light
In the darkest places,
Learning your truths
And bringing them into the world

You remember the little girl?
Desperate, begging.
You knew the desire in her heart.
Yet you created in her
A desire for your wisdom.

The little girl is older now
And she has been fooled
And mislead before.
Following a dream
That you might not have for her.

Please my precious savior,
I am that little girl again.
I have fallen at your feet.
I will silence my desires,
Surrender my will
And like the child I was
Not so long ago
I will follow you blindly
Without question or complaint
Asking only that you show me
Your truth
I am a truth seeker.
Show me your truth in my life.


Will someone who has all the answers please stand up and give me a couple?

No comments: