I wrote this a long time ago when I was angry. I just don't want to hurt anymore. I am still praying it isn't true.
The Snow
The snow falls softly as my tears
Framing my face
All around me is white and cold
But inside I am red and hot.
Snowflakes dancing, laughing,
Whirling around the small girl who trudges
Through their spotless world
She pays them no mind
Their defense won't sway her from her mission.
Through the snow she sees the fortress
A wall built slowly over many years
It's majestic features are regal,
But it's angles are sharp
And it's barricade is solid ice
The determination shows in her eyes
But her hands are trembling
With all her might,
She throws herself at the wall
Tearing at it's smooth exterior.
Screaming, and struggling helplessly,
She falls to the ground in exhaustion
Sobbing, and praying
Suddenly, a shining light appears
At the top of the farthest tower.
A glimmer of hope
A figure appears
He never speaks
But stands aloof
Staring down at the tear stricken child
All around him is shining and silvery
The snowflakes sparkle in the moonlight
And swirl in intricate waves
Around the icy wizard
The girl is frightened and blinded
By the false light,
She looks into the wizard's face.
Behind frozen features and dry eyes
She sees the hot tears;
Frustration and anger like her own
Burning through the coldness
But as quickly as the ice thins,
The cold freezes it.
And the wizard is quickly locked inside his frozen fortress
The girl stands helplessly at the gate
Bewildered, cold and alone
The snowflakes dance around her and freeze on her cheeks.
"I'll not come again"
The girl is saying,
"I can't keep living in a land
Where spring never comes"
A single tear falls from her eye
And lands at the foot of the castle
In it's place, a single rose buds in the snow
The snowflakes dance and laugh around
The small girl who is slowly fading from
Their spotless world
Deep within his castle
The wizard watches the girl walk away
She will not return.
The cold becomes colder
But
A single tear falls from his lashes.
He does not wipe it away.
And for a brief moment,
He is mortal.
No comments:
Post a Comment