September 17, 2004

Warriors of the Truth

I am a fighter
A warrior with a shield of truth
Feared by the underworld
Because of the source of my strength

I am a human
My skin will bleed
And my bones may be broken
But my soul is guarded by an infallible truth
And you will never defeat him

I close my eyes
Fight the pain
Swallow my pride
And smother my fear
Because I know
I am on the winning side.

What is this constant battle we're fighting?
Light against the dark
Fire against the cold
Truth against the lies

An invisible enemy
Dark and deceptive
He is powerful
But when the soldiers come
He runs in terror

Though the shadows in the evening come
There is fire in our eyes
And passion in our hearts.
We stand strong and unwavering
Invincible because of the truth
Silent warriors united on an invisible battlefield

Who are we?
We have been brought up
Out of the fires of hell
The pits of dispair
And the depths of the worst shame
And given hope
For no earthly reason

We had no reason to live
And we were given purpose
No happiness in life
And we were given joy
We had constant turmoil
And we were given continuing peace
And we had no right to be forgiven
But forgiveness is given to us everyday.

Who are we?
We are ordinary men
With an extraordinary mission
Mighty and Powerful
Warriors of the truth
Messengers of love
Receivers of forgiveness

And on our own
We are nothing.

No comments: